From the first time I watched the finish line at the St. George Marathon many years ago I have had a secret LIFE goal of running a marathon. I have never really been a "runner" but have enjoyed a couple of miles here and there. Last fall my friend Natalie asked me to run the Painter's Half Marathon in St. George with her. With the help of my friend Katie (who took 3rd place overall at this race) I set a reasonable training schedule and was able to finish the race last Saturday in 2 hours 21 minutes! I actually enjoyed running it, and decided while I was in my 10th mile that I probably need to try for a full now. It felt really amazing to have set the goal, trained, and run over 13 miles...the most I have ever run in my life.

My BFF Caprisse and her family came down from Salt Lake just to see me cross the finish line. Thanks to everyone who supported my goal, especially my hubby Tyler and my parents for babysitting so that I could RUN.Here are the results: http://www.strideracing.com/2009/january/PAINTER_HALF_OVERALL_GENDER.HTM





9 comments:
Congratulations! I hear running is addictive. You want to run further or beat your old time....
Maybe I should start.
That's awesome loved the pictures.
You rock sista! And I even bailed on you...so sorry:( Well, now that you want to do a full why not do the Ogden full....you're half way there:) I would like to do another full and actually complete the whole training instead of skipping the second half. Can you even imagine running a full in three weeks? Ugh! I'm so proud of you for sticking with it!!!
Way to go!!! I am a little envious (is it even possible to be envious of someone who runs 13 miles?!) I really wish I would have trained for it. It is such a cool accomplishment. I keep telling myself that I am going to start training.
That's amazing! It's blogs like yours that make me think my exercise routine is easy... so I better stick with it. Thanks for the motivation! How in the heck did you stay motivated long enough to train? Sometimes I think I should do it but then the lazy side kicks in and I back down. I guess I need to be back home to train with you. Congratulations!!
Woohoo! Congrats! I am so proud of you. I am running in my first marathon in 3 weeks. You have inspired me.
Great job Sue! You look great.
That's awesome. I am way impressed. I can't hardly walk these days let alone run. (That's just my excuse for now because even when I'm not about to have a baby I can't run.)
Way to go, you rocked! And you look so HOT in that picture that they took of you! I look like I am about to die! It was so fun, well maybe not fun, but when is the next one??
Thanks for the shout out...We wouldn't have missed it. I am so proud of you, you did an awesome job!
Post a Comment