Wednesday, May 27, 2009

RED CANYON

We spent Memorial Day in Red Canyon. I had only driven through this canyon, so it was nice to spend some time exploring. Our first stop was a bike ride to the top of the canyon. This was the last I saw of Tyler and the girls. Yep, I can't keep up with him even when he's pulling 75 pounds behind him. At least I made it to the top....right?

Then we went on a hike to a waterfall and mossy cave. A storm was moving in making a striking contrast between the pink cliffs and gray sky.

The girls taking a break along the way. There are some really cool windows above them.


The waterfall

The mossy cave



10 comments:

Keri said...

Where is Red Canyon? I'd love to go there!

hecklerwife said...

Red Canyon is just outside Bryce Canyon. It only took us about an hour or so to get there.

Jenny Roberts said...

What a great family adventure.

Cher said...

That waterfall is so neat! Does it run year round? It looks so strange to me to see such a big waterfall in the desert landscape. I'd like to go there sometime. For now I think I'll just go read my book. If you know what I mean.

Chatty Natty said...

Seriously, could you guys be any cooler?

hecklerwife said...

Yep, the waterfall runs year round because it is actually man made. The water is diverted through this natural canal to provide water to the town of Tropic.

Stacy said...

You guys are always doing such fun, active things. Gosh, I feel so lazy!

DannyHollie said...

Looks like another fun family adventure- It would be out of the ordinary for you to NOT have awesome pictures of a new outdoor destination... :) Very cute pics of the girls chillin on the rocks.

Alisha said...

Your family makes me feel like a lazy sloth! Anyway, looks like a lotta fun!

Leilani said...

so goin' thanks for the directions!

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation