Monday, June 1, 2009

DRAG ME TO...


You could say I'm really lucky to have found a husband that I have so much in common with. We enjoy the same music, food, and movies...well most of the time. Last weekend we decided to go out and that almost always consists of a movie. Tyler started BEGGING to go to a new horror film because this is where we do not agree. I was holding my ground, but in the end started wavering because he REALLY wanted to see it. Even after successfully beating him at rock-paper-scissors (which I NEVER do) I reluctantly agreed to see it. I made it about 20 minutes into the movie and had to leave. I think it is getting worse with age, but I HATE horror movies. I took everything I had to stay that long. My stomach twists and I my entire body tenses. Tyler likes to make fun of me by saying "you know it's just pretend...right?" So we spent the rest of our date at the movies in separate theaters while I watched Star Trek for the second time. Even after leaving the theater it took a good 15 minutes for my stomach to relax so that I could enjoy some dinner. Am I the only person alive who detests the feeling of being scared and grossed out by the big screen??

5 comments:

Alisha said...

What movie did you watch? I have never seen a horror movie...I know I'm a wimp and very aware of my limitations. Wait, I take that back, my cousin talked me into see'ing "The Ring", because "how scary can a PG13 movie be"???? Well I was scared for months after watching that dumb movie!!! Have you seen it? Do yourself a favor and don't. :)

Alisha said...

ok...sorry one more thing...when I saw Twilight, there was a trailor for a movie called "The Unborn"...JUST the trailor had me scared for like a month! It was AWFUL!!!!

hecklerwife said...

The movie was "Drag me to Hell" and it was only PG-13 too. Don't see it.

Cher said...

I think horror movies are the devil. Even if they are fake. Why create such horrible images?
I saw that your friend mentioned the trailer for "the unborn" I also can't even stand to see a second of that trailer. I never saw "The Ring" and would run away fast if someone had intentions of watching it near me.
I also think that showing trailers or previews for these types of films on basic TV channels should be outlawed. They always seem to come on when It's late and I'm alone.
I did see "The sixth sense" and in my mind it was a horror film. I could have done without some scenes from that one.

Jenny Roberts said...

NO! I am in the same boat as you. I can not watch a horror movie; I can not even watch a commerical for a horror movie. I don't understand why people would want to see horror movie. I have no desire...I would watch Star Trek a million times before watching a horror movie.

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation