Friday, May 23, 2008

MY GRANDMA PEARL

My Grandma Pearl passed away last Friday. Although I am happy she is with my Grandpa again, I will miss her more than ever. Every time I called her all I had to say was “hi Grandma” and she knew it was me…even the week she passed. I could visit with her for hours because it was like talking to my best friend. She would always ask about my husband by saying, “how’s your Tyler?”
I always felt that she wanted me around and that she loved me very much. When I was young she and Grandpa would drive out and get us anytime we asked. I know she was genuinely grateful for every moment she spent with a grandchild. When we would come out to Tooele to stay she would take us to the pool and always let us pick candy from the vending machine after. When she took us up to Nampa, we would stop at a rest stop along the way for an egg salad sandwich lunch she had packed.
This is my sister Katy, Grandma and me just after I was born...yes, it was the 70's!

This is was when my Grandparents we sealed in the Salt Lake temple. She waited more than 50 years for this day. She was always a strong member of the LDS church.

This was at my bridal shower

At my wedding with my Granny Mabey

This is Zoe and Grandma. I love her name and am proud to have given it to Zoe. She is named after the most kind, unselfish and loving person I have ever known. I was so sad today when I realized that I never got a picture with her and Ava.

I love my Grandma so much. I was comforted by her hand on mine, her voice on the phone, and by her waiving goodbye from the back porch.

1 comments:

Cher said...

So sorry to hear about your grandmother.

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation