While in Kanab we decided to hike Wire Pass in the Paria Wilderness Area. This has been on Tyler's to do list since last year when bad weather cancelled his plans to do it alone. This hike leads to Buckskin Gulch which is the longest slot canyon in the WORLD.
Zoe stopped suddenly while we were hiking and said "there is a spider on the road" I was expecting a normal sized spider...then I saw this. I'm pretty sure it is the biggest spider I have EVER seen outside. There must be a thriving population in Kanab because the next morning at our hotel there was another couple that said they saw one too.

If the slot had been any narrower we wouldn't have fit with the back packs on. Definitely one of my favorite places to hike is through slot canyons (as long as there is no RAIN).



3 comments:
The picture of you smiling really big in the slot canyon is so cute! Love the video too. I've got to figure that one out.
Oh yeah the picture of Zoe holding Ava's hand and helping her up the little mountain is precious.
I love the pics of your girls- Buckskin Gulch is my Dad's favorite hike- We did it EVERY year growing up. Has Tyler ever hiked it? My Dad and Tyler should be best friends...
Post a Comment