Last weekend we went to Death Valley. When I started to tell people we were headed that way, I got a lot of "why do you want to go there?" Well, Tyler has been begging to go back ever since he had a field trip there in grad school. To him it is heaven on earth; hiking, biking, and unobstructed views of amazing geology. Also, Death Valley is the hottest, driest and lowest National Park (mostly at sea level).
Our first stop was Bad Water which is 250 feet below sea level. Since it only rains about 2 inches a year here, the water evaporates VERY quickly leaving salt behind. Since it had rained the weekend before there actually was some water, but I trusted the sign the it was probably not suitable for drinking.
Our first stop was Bad Water which is 250 feet below sea level. Since it only rains about 2 inches a year here, the water evaporates VERY quickly leaving salt behind. Since it had rained the weekend before there actually was some water, but I trusted the sign the it was probably not suitable for drinking.









1 comments:
It made me laugh when you started by saying that Tyler has wanted to go back ever since their field trip because Sam has too. You guys made it back before we did though. Maybe one of these years. Your girls are so cute!!
Post a Comment