Tuesday, February 3, 2009

PIONEER PARK

Last weekend we went down to St. George (again) to get away from the cold. We ended up at Pioneer Park which is just above the Boulevard. If you are in the area and have a little time to waste I highly recommend checking it out. This slot is SO narrow. If you have any claustrophobia at all...DO NOT attempt. I quickly opted out. Luck for me Tyler was willing to suck it up (literally) and chase the girls up the slot. They thought it was great.



This is me waiting at the top. Yep, that's really how narrow it is.


Some side caves inside the narrow slot.

Ava is turning out to be quite the little hiker. She has no fear, which gets her into trouble a lot. She thought this little window was so fun. She squeezed through it a bunch of times before moving onto her next challenge.




Zoe loves to build. She is always looking for sticks or rocks to make something. I love having such a creative thinker.


There are some interesting structures built around the existing rock. I'm not sure if they were built by the pioneers, but they are really cool.


5 comments:

Cher said...

The Knudsen's off on an exciting adventure again! Cool. The videos were great. I especially liked the one of little Ava going through.
Hey do you also have a women in business blog? Was that you that left a comment on my blog. I was confused. You are "heckler wife" right?
If it was you I have to say about the Blake picture. I knew the location of the picture would be a hang up. Look closely in the back ground you will see a picture of a horse. I guess I'll have to take you to Shauna's house to make the proof concrete. If you see that picture in her house it should settle this. ;) As for the Circus I hope it does go down south. It was awesome and we only had to drive 5 minutes home afterwards!

Chatty Natty said...

Is that otherwise known as the "narrows"? If so, I remember is smelling an awful lot like urine...probably from all the drunken spring breakers huh?

Leilani said...

wow! you would not catch my butt in that thing. I hate small spaces! I was thinking that some time our family would love to follow you on one of your adventures. We love a good adventure, and your hubby knows all the cool spots! We'll have to chat...

Skybob said...

That looks awesome! Our kids would love that slot! (Tony, friend of Tyler and Brandon)

MyBlazeOfGlory.blogspot.com

Skybob said...

Oh, by the way, Hi Tyler...and fam:) Love the blog!

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation