On our way to California we stopped in Las Vegas so that Tyler could race his mountain bike. The race was supposed to start at 6 am, so the girls and I didn't make it. Tyler has been racing in the sport class which usually means 2 laps around the course. For some reason the promoter thought it would be fun to change the rules at the last minute and made everyone do the expert route and 4 laps. They had a late start so he ended up doing 28 miles in HOT Vegas weather. He didn't even have water the last lap because he wasn't planning on doing it. And the real kicker was he hit a cactus at full speed while passing another racer. There would be no stopping...so he rode an entire loop with a chunk of it poking out of his hand.
Have I ever mentioned my husband is a little crazy?? But, I guess all his hard work and freakish ability to push his body in severe heat and dehydration paid off. He placed 3rd!
Check out an ACTION SHOT here.
Have I ever mentioned my husband is a little crazy?? But, I guess all his hard work and freakish ability to push his body in severe heat and dehydration paid off. He placed 3rd!
Check out an ACTION SHOT here.

1 comments:
cool.
Post a Comment