Wednesday, August 6, 2008

NAVAJO LAKE

Last weekend we went camping up Cedar Canyon to Navajo Lake with our good friends the Eckley's. After we set up camp we drove up to Strawberry Point to take in the beautiful sunset.

The next morning after an OK night sleep with the kids in the tent, Katie and I went for a bike ride around Navajo Lake. It was a really fun ride even though I fell over more than once trying to get out of the clipless petals...but I am getting better. AND I have some great battle wounds to show for my ride. It is such an amazing feeling to ride a narrow single track thru the mountains. I regret not biking more with Tyler before children.


Later that day we hiked to Cascade Falls. There is a sink hole in the bottom of Navajo Lake that drains water into this spring. It is not a long hike, but a little scary with small kids. They did great though and didn't really complain until the very end. Best Friends...Zack and Zoe.


The Eckley's


Me and Zoe. Tyler stayed with Ava because she feel asleep in the car. AND he had to get ready for his bike ride....all the way home.



Zoe really wasn't as miserable as she looks here. Probably just sick of the camera in her face. I love the shots with Friend Owl. This is how he travels so that he doesn't get lost.




1 comments:

Nicole B. said...

Way to go on biking around the lake. I keep telling myself that one of these days I am going to get out and start doing something with myself. Maybe you can be my inspiration.

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation