Day 2-inside Capitol Reef National Park we hiked to Hickman Bridge. Capitol Reef is definitely one of the most beautiful parks in Utah and the least crowded. AND the best part is we didn't even have to buy a park pass for anything we did! This hike is great for the family and very rewarding to sit under an amazing arch at the end.

Ava-I think she looks mad in this picture, but Tyler liked it.
Zoe enjoyed scaling the big rocks and finding "caves" to hide in.
After our hike we went to Fruita Falls. The girls were elated to have gotten two days in a row of swimming and playing in the mud. Ava had a little too much fun throwing the mud.
The falls are really fun and not nearly as cold as Calf Creek. Tyler loves to try and swim under the falls, but I think the current was too strong this day. He has many great memories swimming here as a kid, teenager and newlywed.
There is a beautiful picnic area in Fruita where we had lunch. The cottonwood trees here are probably the biggest I have ever seen. Zoe looked like a little Keebler elf next to it.
We spent the rest of the afternoon picking apples and peaches in one of the orchards in Fruita. The girls really enjoyed picking their own fruit.


Later that night a huge thunderstorm rolled in. The girls and I were sitting out on the front porch of our cabin watching the lightning. Then...it got a little too close. It ended up being one of the loudest thunderstorms I have ever heard. I swear lightning struck 100 yards away. But, very entertaining while Tyler caught the last part of the U of U game (yes, that was on the itinerary too).

1 comments:
what a beautiful family you have. You have some great pictures.
Post a Comment