Tuesday, September 2, 2008

UPPER CALF CREEK FALLS

This is DAY 1 at the UPPER CALF CREEK FALLS. Tyler and I have already hiked the lower calf creek falls, so we decided to do the upper falls. The hike was much shorter...but steep. We were really feeling the burn as we hiked back up the mountain with children on our backs.

The girls were immediately looking for little creatures. Zoe has her hand full of tiny black snails.

And what child doesn't love the green light to play in the MUD!

It was REALLY hot on the hike down otherwise I don't know if I would have jumped in. But, the FREEZING COLD water did feel great.
We were really lucky with all the animals the girls got to see and hold. I think Tyler is some kind of magnet to lizards, frogs and snakes.


Yep, if you know Tyler you wont be surprised that he is already teaching our girls everything he knows about the lizards and snakes he catches.
The mud castle complete with flag.


If you are wondering where the pictures of the falls are...check Tyler's blog. He is in charge of the scenic pictures.

3 comments:

Jenny Roberts said...

My kids would so love to hang out with Tyler...they love snakes and lizards and creepy crawly things.

Cher said...

I can't get over the SNAKES! Seriously they look like rattle snakes! What are they? I only feel safe around water snakes. All others are foreign and scary to me. Frogs and snails are fine. It looks like you had a great time! Can't wait to see the rest of your pictures.
P.S. I got a good laugh out of the jumping in the water pictures!!! Looks like lots of fun!

Anonymous said...

Suuuuz,
Been here looking at the pics with Vik and Sneaks. Count us in for next year's trip to Torrey - for sure!
-Matt, Vik & Anika

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation