Saturday, November 8, 2008

OWL ADVENTURES

Anyone who has spent any time with Zoe knows she LOVES OWLS. She was given her first owl as a Christmas gift from my sister Amy when she was 1 year old. He quickly became her best friend. We now collect anything with owls, although her snowy owl will always be her favorite. Here are some of our adventures with FRIEND OWL.

hiking at Cedar Breaks July 2006

August 2006

Welcoming home baby Ava, September 2006 (notice owls hair do).

Picking pumpkins October 2006. This ended up being a sad day because we lost Friend Owl. I was still in my crazy post baby mode and I cried until Tyler found a replacement on EBay. We had to replace him again a few months later after leaving him at a restaurant. Thank goodness for EBay!

May 2007 nap time with many of her owls.

January 2008 sledding sisters

March 2008 Zoe took a dance clinic from the local high school drill team. The other girls all danced with baby dolls, but Zoe dance with her owl.

June 2008 Zoe thought our new kitten Atticus would love to snuggle with owl. Turns out he did. Notice the owls pajamas. He has worn them ever since Zoe and my Mom sewed them...which is not surprising since Zoe would stay in her PJ's all day too if I let her. He also had a jack-o-lantern costume last year for Halloween, and has a Hawaiian shirt for parties.

August 2008 hiking to Cascade Falls up Cedar Canyon.

Labor Day weekend 2008 watching a lightning storm in Torrey.

October 2008 at the pumpkin patch. Notice how she is rubbing his nose...it is worn completely through on the end. His eyes are also pretty banged up. Luckily Zoe's Aunt Vikki is an eye surgeon and she examined him this summer...she said he would be just fine.

8 comments:

DannyHollie said...

These are some priceless photos of Zoe and her owl- I catch myself noticing everything "owl" when I'm shopping now too- I always mark pages of magazines with owl products to show you. I love that she still needs her "lovey" everywhere she goes and that she shares with Atticus- and I can't believe how much Zoe has changed! She doesn't look like a baby anymore- She a full fledged "Big Girl" now. I find that heartbreaking...

Jenny Roberts said...

How cute! Just adorable how she carries her owl around

Cher said...

This is so cute! I love how she always has it in her shirt with its head popping out the top!

Chatty Natty said...

I love that! R u training at all? I have ran once since me marathon...eeekkk. Let me know. There's always Ogden on May and Shantell wants to do it as well.

Chatty Natty said...

I never know if I should respond on my blog or yours....I think mine but I'm on yours. Ok so your up to 4...ok I'll get my rear in gear and start training. And perhaps this will motivate Jake! I don't know what I was thinking...I hate cold weather running but it will be fun. Yes, we will be in Centerville for Thanksgiving...you? Maybe we should have a lunch date at Secret Haven:)

The Legg Fam said...

I think it's great she has her owl. Audra still has a blanket, Brooklyn also has a blanket, as well as a bear, and Porter has a little rabbit that he just can not sleep without.

The Legg Fam said...

O.K. we need to get your sisters and brothers to set up a blog. I just love seeing pics of the kids, and reading up on what is going on.

Chatty Natty said...

R U already there and staying or coming back up? What day works best for you? I'm excited...where will you be staying? And I cam across this little owl toy we have (didn't even know) and thought of your cute Zoe:)

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation